Commercially available products cannot suit everybody.
A medicine’s dose form might be wrong to deliver the drug to the right place, or a patient might be physically unable to swallow a tablet or capsule. Some oral medications do contain excipients like gluten, lactose, colourings, flavourings or preservatives that are unsuitable for some people.
In other medications and personal care products such as moisturisers, shampoos, conditioners, cosmetics and deodorants, particular emulsifiers, preservatives, fragrances and various other ‘actives’ might force people to stop using them—even when they like a product or are receiving some benefit from it.
Alternatively, perhaps a product could do a little more… perhaps to assist in its delivery, or perhaps to improve it in some way. A little tweak might mean that one product could replace two…
At Border Compounding Pharmacy, we offer an extensive formulation and reformulation service. We can help you identify potential problems you may be having with certain ingredients of a product and re-design it without the offending chemical. We can “reverse-engineer” a product that you like, to enhance or change its properties. We can also add active or aesthetic ingredients to your specification.
We have helped people who have asked for:
- Capsules and tablets to be remade into into liquid suspensions or skin creams
- Flavoured suspensions and liquids for children and adults
- Truly preservative-free moisturisers
- pH-balanced skin and hair care
- Medicines that adhere to the failsafe diet for children
- Lactose and gluten-free medicines
- Gelatin-free and halal capsules
- Anti-fungal deodorant powders, creams and gels
- Human medicines for veterinary use.
- Skincare manufacturing
- vegetable based capsules for vegan customers
…just to name a few examples!
Compounding is a creative endeavour, and we relish the opportunity to help you! Just contact our professional staff with your requirements.